Recently, Shannon at Thumbinmyway and Memydogsmylife mentioned me for this little award thingy. When Reverb10 started, I was happy to just be doing something creative. As it ended, I was receiving generally the same number of page views per day as at the beginning, with the change that I had some regulars who did me the honor of commenting and leaving their input. I’ll be forever grateful to the challenge for allowing me to re-open this door and for introducing me to these great writers.
As I page through my favorites, I realize we’re all kind of passing this thing back and forth. Thanks everyone for reading, and for your support. Thank you Shannon and Memydogsmylife for thinking enough of me to put me on your lists. You’re both certainly on mine.
The Stylish Blogger Award:
So here are the rules for acceptance of the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
My Seven Things:
1. My dream job, among other things, would allow me to be heavily tattooed. I am in love with the art form and with the actual feeling of the needle. I have a substantial shoulder piece and fell asleep a number of times over the cumulative 12 hours it took to complete. It relaxes me. And makes me feel badass. And shocks my mother a little bit.
2. There isn’t a place on earth I wouldn’t travel given the chance.
3. I collect postcards. There is only one rule that I abide by with this collection: They must be postmarked from the place of origin. So, if you’re traveling…..
4. I hate pancakes.
5. I thrive on making people laugh. To wit, I make jokes in completely inappropriate situations. It’s my defense against the awkward pause. And it frequently makes the pause awkward-er.
6. Growing up, my parents were always on my brother’s case for not performing better in school “like [his] sister.” It turns out, he’s much smarter than me with a more rounded outlook on life. I’m very proud of him.
7. I wish I could garden.
The Five Bloggers Who I Can’t Stop Coming Back To are:
1. Stereo writing at http://www.uncletypewriter.com : No surprise there. She’s got a way with words and she wields them with chutzpah.
2. Patti writing at http://stillbreathing.ca : Patti makes me laugh almost daily. Her positive outlook is contagious…but not annoying because she looks at the world with a sense of irony and her tongue planted firmly in cheek.
3. Elizabeth writing at http://blog.elizabethhoward.net : She was one of the first blogs I read on Reverb10 that engaged me. Each little bit of her story makes me more curious, plus, I love the way she has it laid out.
4. Denis writing at http://pinkosworld.blogspot.com : Now, I might be biased because I’ve known Denis for, well, 20+ years. He is, and always has been one of the most astute people I know. He always makes me think, and I’m happy that he’s picked the blogger mantle back up after a hiatus.
5. Leslie writing at http://pinuppink.livejournal.com : I also know Leslie personally. She’s creative and funny and bubbly and more than a little Off-The-Wall (which explains why we’re friends).
Listen, I could only put five down. If you’re reading this, and wondering: “Why aren’t I on that list?”, it’s because I was too anxious to actually get to your blog to read it.